CDS-series steam trap
Sanitary Thermostatic Steam Trap
Thermal actuator is filled at its free length with a liquid having a lower boiling point than water. On start-up, the valve is normally open to discharge air, non-condenibles and condensate. When steam enters trap, the thermal actuator fill vaporizes to a pressure higher than line pressure. This forces the valve into seat orfice to prevent any further flow. As condensate collects, it takes heat from the actuator, lowering internal pressure. The line pressure will then compress thermal actuator to open the valve and discharge the condensate. Valve opening automatically adjusts to load conditions from minimum on very light loads to full lift at maximum load.
Trap is designed to be self draining for vertical installation. For horizontal trap see: series CDH.
The CDS-serie is complete ASME-BPE
- Connections: 1/2" to 2"
- Body: 316L
- Gasket: Viton
- Finish (internal): 0.5 μm Ra
- Temperature: to 170ºC
- Pressure: to 6,9 barg (100 PSIG)
- every part has a heat number for complete traceability
- Finish: to 0.25 μm Ra Mechanical polishing and/or Electropolish
- Gaskets: Tef-steek, PTFE, Teflon®, EPDM, USP Class VI & others materials
- Certificates: MTR, COC
Datasheet CDS Steam Trap - Vertical
English - 286 kB